Sunday, November 29, 2009

Long hair=hair loss?

I have just recently went to a hair salon where my friends recommended me to get a haircut. Before the hairstylist began cutting my hair, he told me that I shouldn't have such long hair because having long hair would cause thinning from the hairline and the hair on top, while the hair behind my hair would be thicker and much heavier. He also said if I should keep having long hair my hair line would gradually move back... eventually leading me bald on top -due to the "fact" that the protein intake isn't enough to help to long hair (something like that).



I want to make sure if this statement is true. Because of this tip I decided to get a cut way shorter than I have wanted it...My hair was from waist long hair to now medium short hair... I extremely LOVED my long hair (which definately took me a heck of of a long time to grow) and now I feel like I made a mistake for listening to his advice.



I'm almost 20 and am pretty sure I'm not experiencing major hairloss...any info would be great



Long hair=hair loss?

I only trimmed my hair until I was 18, my hair was over 3 feet long at its longest and I've never had a problem with fading hairline.



Whatever that man was trying to tell you, was BULL! If it was true, then any woman (or man if he wants) that has long hair would have the biggest foreheads ever known. Having long hair will not make your hairline fade. Being bald or having a receeding hairline is genetic, nothing to do with how long or short it is.



Next time you go to a stylist I would make it very clear what you would like to have done. Like when I get mine trimmed, no more than an inch and the person I see listens to me and doesnt push trying to get me to go shorter.



Long hair=hair loss?

this is NOT true.... but you may experience some hair loss from split ends and your hair being damaged. my hair is mid back, and i flat iron it a lot....plus its been bleached and processed and dyed back to brown...



some girls though, wear their hair in those super tight ponytails.......they start to have reciding hairlines, and thats a fact.



Long hair=hair loss?

If you have a thin face long hair would make it look sexy



If you ahve a rounder face short hair would make you look more attractive



Long hair=hair loss?

yes its true the weight of the hair also pulls on it and you loose more hair. also if you pull your hair back your haor line will recede and in fact you could start to look bald and even go bald on top at the hairline. I think your choice to cut shorter was a wise decision although your young enough that it shouldn't show any effects for a very long time/ this same thing happened to my daughter



Long hair=hair loss?

He is full of bull. Length does NOT make your hair fall out! I have seen lots of ladies with hair to their ankles in their 30s and 40s with no hairline line. That is crazy. Hair stylists are NOTORIOUS for wanting to cut everyone's hair off. I had long hair for years. I know a lady personally who had long long hair in her 60s and she wore it in a bun which pulled on her hair even more. Her hairline was fine. Actually come to think of it i knew another one who lived to her late 60s with long black hair. Never cut your hair unless YOU want to.



I guess the best thing now to focus on is that all your split ends are gone and you can work on getting it long again. Go to someone else when you are ready for a trim. And tell them just NIP the ends. And stress NIP. Be a pest about it. Tell them if they do you right you will come back to them. My girlfriends and i were always very stern about it and found a stylist who did us right. We stayed with her.



Long hair=hair loss?

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:Hairloss/



http://geebal.blogspot.com



Read...Free Beauty tips on....natural and homemade methods to:



Skincare/Acne-pimple cure/Blemishes/Whiteheads/Blackheads/



Wrinkles/Freckles/Steaming/herbal recipe for skin



Haircare/Dandruff/Hairloss/ Hot oil massages



Henna on hair/Splitends/Oilyhair/Dryhair



Nailcare/Manicure/Pedicure



Eye care/Darkcircles/Puffiness/eyebags



Herbal tips/Herbal recipe



http://geebal.blogspot.com



Free beauty tips on Makeup/Hairstyles %26amp; photo gallery/



hair highlighting/Weightloss /Hairremoval/ etc...



http://geebal.blogspot.com



Buy your favourite brands beauty products from Amazone----



http://naturalbeautytip.blogspot.com/



Long hair=hair loss?

If you have thick heavy hair there could be the possibility of straining the root. It is known fact that a hair cut will give the root a break and the hair will look stronger after a short while so do not regret the cut, a change is good and hair grows out again so it is not a permanent thing. What I do suggest though is to have long layers as you grow it out like that the pull on the root because of the weight of the hair will be more or less even on all of the scalp. Keep it clean and well conditioned, trim every so often to avoid damage to it and keep it away from aggressive treatments, you should not have hairloss problems like that.



Long hair=hair loss?

That sounds all wrong to me, lots of women [and men] wear their hair as long as waist-length with none of that nonsense going on. I think the hairstylist just wanted to make a major cutting into your very long hair.



You can take supplements to help your hair grow faster, and that would help you recover your length, or you can just wait, and it will come back in a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email web hosting