Sunday, June 20, 2010

My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

I realize this sounds strange but my 4 year old cut his own hair about a month ago. I didn't freak out becuase well it was his hair. But this morning before my husband and I woke up (somewhere around 5:45) my son cut my 3 year old daughter's bangs off. She literally has about a half inch of her bangs left. I have punished him. I dont need to be scolded about not watching them. I had no idea they were up! How can I hide her missing chunk of hair? She looked in the mirror and cried this afternoon... she loves her long hair.



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

Not knowing just how far back from the forehead makes it hard to say. Try a side part and pin the hair over . Gel the bits of hair back for an off the face look. One thing I have done with children that have cut their own hair is create a real deep oval bang it can look quite advante guard. Your stylist should be able to come up with a few practical solutions for you.



Here are some pics with ideas.



http://www.hair-styles.org/funky-hairsty...



http://www.hair-styles.org/funky-hairsty...



http://www.hair-styles.org/funky-hairsty...



This last one seems like it may be your answer! But look through the rest of the site you may find one that is even better for your situation.



And from a stylist that has fixed many a child's home haircut .....they ain't done yet! Some of those little hair cutters end up working next to me!!!!! I used to wash my little friends hair in mud puddles!!!



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

Push the sideburns of the hair to her front bangs by using a bit of hair gel



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

Take her to a good stylist and see what she can do. Until the bangs grow out, have her wear some thick head bands. Good luck.



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

I'm sorry about that....but honestly the bangs really cant be covered up. Maybe let her wear chunky head bands for a while that may take the distraction off her mangled bangs. One suggestion, find all scissors or knifes in your home and put them away really high, where your son wont have any idea where to find them. Even children safe scissors can do damage......next are the animals lol



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

every kid does this lake her to a sylist who will shape her hair as best as can be done



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

did the daughter allow him to do it?if not punish him greatly



if she did and they were messing round punish them both i dunno why it has something to do with something i think its called they could cut them selves with messing with scissors



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

head bands, hats, scarfs, bandanas



thankfully hair grows back.



my friends daughter lopped off her bangs one morning too. it's just something they do for lack of knowing better.



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

Take her to a beauty salon and see if they can do some damage control. Also take her and let her pick out a few cute hats. Tell her not to worry and her hair will grow back!



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

I wouldn't cut her hair. Her bangs will grow. Get some of those wide, thick cloth-like head bands. Can you do a tight french braid and pull the bangs back? you can start with bangs-Take small pieces of hair and wet back-twist and use small clips. Use some spray so the short bangs wont start falling out. You could also take her and get some type of braids done. Another good way to fix her hair would be with the tiny elastic bands and work your way back to the crown of her head. this would probably work the BEST b/c your using tiny sections of hair and it starts very close to the hair line. I can e-mail you a pic if you want! (its hard to explain)



The first child on the left has her hair in the twists- wet and hairspray it down:



http://www.okiedokiekidsalon.com/gallery...



My son cut my daughters hair! Help to disguise the gap?

Use a sturdy headband or very small clips or colored or decorated bobby pins.



I would imagine your son is the one not telling the truth. If she had asked him to, she probably wouldn't have been THAT forlorn about it.



Try to find out if some sort of fake hair or hair that isn't her own could somehow be used to fill in the gaps. I don't know much about it, but ask a hairdresser if they have any suggestions or if there is anything they can do.



Reassure her that hair grows back, she's still beautiful, and that you'll do whatever you can to hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email web hosting